Fishing With Dad

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Started off my day with an oatmeal and banana breakfast,
then went to the gym with Junalynn and worked on LEGS!
Came home and got ready to go Fishing with my dad and my brother.
Before the trip, I went to target to get some motion sickness pills.
Last time I was in a boat, or the many times i've been on the boat,
I always felt nauseous because of the current.
I never really got to enjoy anything because I always felt
sick.
I wanted to enjoy fishing with my dad and my bro this time,
rather than sleeping off the sickness.

We finally left home around 5:15pm and got there around 6pm.
Docked the boat, stop for a restroom break and headed off
to the water.
It was really cool seeing how my dad and brother would do things
and set thing up for the boat.
I was probably in the way, because I knew nothing.
My mom knows the routine because recently she has been 
going with my dad.
She couldn't come with us that night because she
had some business to take care of in the early morning.
We would still be out in the morning, we stayed there overnight.

Seeing my dad drive his boat, and set everything up was so
heart warming to see.
You can definitely tell he loves to fish.
He was so active, jumping and climbing around.
I've never seen him move that way in a long while!
It's almost like his younger days.

He was also very very happy that my bro and I were there with him.
We don't really spend one on one time with my dad,
and I'm glad we did.
The smile on his face was PRICELESS!!
I'm glad I got to share this time with him and my bro.
I've been wanting to go fishing with him for he longest,
but never actually went.
So happy I did!!
Sorta brought tears to my eyes, seeing how happy and smiley
he was.. It was a beautiful site to see. 

The first fish we caught was small and it wasn't size,
so we threw it back in.
It's so cool watching the bite in the fishing poles,
I would get it mixed up with the current moving but my dad
definitely knew if it was a bite or not.

My brother got the first big stripe bass,
it was too exciting!
You definitely need patience for fishing.
and when you finally get the bite, you get this adrenaline
rush!
You gotta react quickly to the bite and jerk it back to make sure
you hooked your fish!
It was so much fun!

I'm glad there's motion sickness pills
so  that I could finally enjoy myself.

My bro and I fell asleep while my dad stayed awake the whole
entire night!!! until the morning.
The night before he went fishing again too.
So this was his second night in a row,
I'm surprise he didn't sleep.
That's how you know he's a true fisherman.

It started getting really really cold during the night.
I thought all my layers and ugg boots would be enough but it wasn't.
I slept outside next to my dad while my brother stayed in the cabin.
My dad laid the chair flat so I can stretch my legs and rest my back.
After my bro woke up we switched places and I went in the cabin to sleep.
Damn ugg boots didn't keep my feet warm!
luckily my dad had a lot of snow jackets for me to wear to keep warm.

I woke up around 6am with my dad telling me to wake up
because they were reeling in a BIG ONE.
I woke up real quick and got my camera out to record and take pictures.
The view of the sunrise was so beautiful!
No wonder my dad loves it there!
The water was calm..
everything was relaxing.

We headed back home around 8:00am.

It was a really great bonding time..
I love my Dad.
cherish every moment with you parents,
because as we're getting older,
don't forget they're getting older as well. 



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled