Russian Red vs. Revlon Really Red Matte

Saturday, October 23, 2010

My friend Cheska is totally obessed with Lea from the bad girls club and was really loving the red lipstick she rocks. Lea uses Russian Red from Mac, and Cheska asked me what red lipstick should she get. So I did some research and tried finding Dupes of Russian red and came across Revlon's really red matte lipstick. I decided to go pick this up from target for a cheaper alternative to compare for my friend. I swatched the colors side by side and Russian red looks a tiny bit deeper, probably because of the blue undertones, while Really Red looked a bit brighter. But when applied over lip liner, the two looked almost identical! you couldn't even tell! So a cheaper alternative I found for Russian Red lipstick is Revlon's Really Red Matte lipstick.

this is what i purchased from target
IMG_3680
Loreal colour rich lip pencil in Really red: $5-6
Revlon Matte Really Red: $5-6
My boyfriend wanted me to get this lipstick just because it said 420. LOL it's Loreal lipstick in blushed.

swatches
IMG_3682

This is Russian Red from Mac and Revlon colorstay lip liner in Red. I used these products on my previous post with a red lip.
IMG_3684

Here is a comparison of the 2
IMG_3685

Revlon's Really Red, Russian Red, Lipliners: Revlon Red, Loreal Always red
IMG_3691

Russian Red is on your left, while Revlon Really Red is on your right. I used Loreal Lip liner.
pardon my crusty lips! haha
RUSSIAN RED LEFT REALLY RED RIGH

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled