Tarte Clean Slate Poreless primer

Monday, April 01, 2013

Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer
*image taken from sephora.com

WHAT IT CLAIMS:
What it is:A skin-perfecting mattifying base and pore refiner. 
What it does:This primer not only helps keep your makeup in place for up to 12 hours of perfect wear time, but also refines the appearance of pores and diffuses fine lines and imperfections while delivering natural fruit-and plant-derived extracts to deliver antiaging and skin-restorative benefits to your skin. It refines the appearance of pores and diffuses fine lines and masks imperfections. Just one application leaves skin looking instantly smoother, softer, and refined. 
What it is formulated WITHOUT:- Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Petrochemicals- Phthalates- GMOs- Triclosan 
What else you need to know:-T5 Super Fruit Complex™: Loaded with naturally occurring, antioxidant rich nutrients and vitamins that have been known to deliver refining, antiaging, and skin-restorative benefits with each application.

MY FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW. 
I heard a lot of good reviews on this primer. I personally have tired many primers over the years. From
smashbox photofinish primer, to makeup forever HD, hourglass, Lancome, Loreal, urban decay, so many
different primers that are targeted for oily skin or skin with large pores. None of them seem to satisfy my needs. My skin type is mainly oily, oily/combo during the winter, I also gets dry patches sometimes around my nose, and mouth area due to my ACNE.ORG skin regime.

I applied this primer on one side of my face so I can compare how my pores are
without the primer. I did notice after doing this video and looking back at the pictures
I took, that the Left side of my face has less pores than my right side. Weird, but now I know!

When applying this primer, It felt absolutely smooth. It gave my face a nice smooth canvas
to work with. As for diffusing pores.. I'm not sure it lived up to it's claim. However,
It did seem like it diffused fine lines a bit. An hour and half later, I was already oily.
That's typical for me though.. But I don't think this primer controls oil.

Overall, I'm going to have to experiment with this primer for a while, to see it's potential.
As for my first impression, it did not WOW me. I felt as if it was like any other
primer that doesn't work well for my skin. We will see.. I'll give you and update.
By the end of the day, my makeup did not look as fresh as it was when first applied.
That's expected, i'm not surprised, although it claimed to last 12hrs.

Here are some before and after pictures

Untitled-1

Untitled-2

Untitled-3

Untitled-4

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled