Revlon Colorstay Foundation review (oily/combination)

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

IMG_9483

WHAT IT CLAIMS TO DO
Longwearing coverage with a lightweight formula that won’t cake, fade, or rub off. With Time Release Technology specifically formulated for combination or oily skin to control oil absorption and shine. Your look stays flawless throughout the day.
- Makeup feels comfortable and wears up to 24 hours.
- Medium to full coverage.
- Comes in 20 beautiful shades.
The consistency to this foundation is thick. It's not runny at all. When applied
on the face with one layer it automatically evens out my skin tone. With two layers
my acne scars were pretty much concealed, and I didn't wear any concealer over or underneath it.
I also did not wear a primer or used a setting powder when trying out this foundation so that
I can see it's actual potential. All I had on was Bronzer, Blush, and Lipstick.

I agree that it is long wearing. I wore this foundation for over 7 hours and it still
looked fantastic by the end of the day. I did how ever got a bit oily around my T-zone,
But not as normally as I would've gotten. Usually by the end of the day i'd be
able to fill up 2 BLOTTING PAPERS. In this case, that didn't happen and I didn't
even set my foundation with powder!! Two thumbs up for that!
It did give me a flawless finish, and it didn't feel heavy or cakey. I would also agree
that it is a medium-full coverage, and is pretty build-able. Overall, I would have to say
that this foundation lives up to it's claims!

This foundation also reminds me of the Estee Lauder Double wear foundation that I use.
Thank goodness there's a cheaper alternative.
I'll have to use this foundation over-time to see if I develop any breakouts
since my skin is sensitive and acne-prone. 

Pros:
  • Long-wearing
  • Controls Oil
  • Covers up majority of scars without concealer and leaves face looking flawless
  • Light-weight feel
  • Cheap! $10 at my local drugstore
  • Has many different shades


Cons:
  • No pump. Getting the product out can be difficult without the pump.
  • Sorta leaves a white cast on the face with flash photography (maybe a colored powder can cover that up.) It may have a bit of SPF in it, or Maybe its the color?
  • It can accentuate dry patches, and sit into wrinkles. (primer may be needed underneath)
  • It has a slight scent to it (paint smell), goes away after a few hours. 

I GIVE THIS AN A+

Some pictures

With Flash: (slight white cast)
IMG_0666

No Flash
IMG_0671

IMG_9450
IMG_9454
An hour and a half later..


A total of 5hrs later
IMG_9458

TOTAL OF 7HRS LATER
IMG_9463

WITH FLASH: You can really see the oiliness with flash
IMG_0684




You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled