My Gel/Cream Liner Comparison

Wednesday, June 04, 2014


I was always a sucker for gel/cream liners.
When I first started doing my winged eyeliners, 
I started with MAC black track fluid line which
is a gel eye liner. The brush I would use would either be the 
266 or 267 by MAC.
Of course, being a makeup junkie, I wanted to try other gel/liners
and eye liner brushes.
So I started venturing out to different brands,
from drugstore to high end.

I eventually hit the bottom of MAC's blacktrack fluid line
and eventually "threw it away" (back to mac recycled it), because
the product got so try and hard to work with.
The consistency was great in the beginning,
then it started trying out. Which is a no no!

Over the years i've accumulated other liners,
here are some of my favorites:
Clinique Brush on Cream Liner - True Black $16
Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner - Black Ink $24
Loreal Infallible Gel Liner - Blackest Black $9
and the new edition
Inglot 77 gel liner $12 (Inglot.com)

I've had the Clinique Cream Liner for a long while now..
and it's consistency is still great! It glides on effortlessly 
and the pigmentation is wonderful! 
It has not dried out on me what so ever.
This is the longest lasting Cream liner I've own
that hasn't dried out. It still as slick
as I first bought it

Bobbi Brown, This was another favorite of mine.
Then It started to dry out over time.

Loreal Infallible Gel Liner
Great Pigmentation, reminds me of the Clinique Cream Liner
but a cheaper version.
It dried a bit, but not to the point where it's hard
to work with.

Inglot 77
I just got this in the mail and after swatching it
and doing a makeup wipe test..
this might be a winner.
I wonder how it will hold up overtime,
will it dry out like some of the others?
or keep it's consistency..
We shall see..

Here are swatches and a makeup wipe test..
From TOP to BOTTOM:
Inglot, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, L'oreal

Inglot and L'oreal seem to have a much shinier finish. The clinique and bobbi brown dried into a matte finish



The Bobbi Brown (3rd line) took a couple of wipes to get to that Opacity.
The rest just took one swipe.

Now for the Lasting Power

One wipe with a makeup wipe


The second Wipe


Third Wipe


Fourth Wipe


SCRUBBED DOWN SEVERAL WIPES


The winner for the lasting power is very obvious..
The Inglot 77 Gel Liner.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled