S'mores cupcakes

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today I made some s'mores cupcakes from annie-eats.com! :D Recipe in the link below.
http://annies-eats.com/2009/11/16/smores-cupcakes/

I've never actually tried a s'more before, So idk if it really taste like an actual s'more. But they both consist of the same things such as graham crackers, chocolate (Hershey's), and marshmallows. I sorta maybe messed up on the marshmallow frosting, because I added the vanilla in the beginning with all the other ingredients and it was boiling with them all.. rather than adding it at the end when the frosting was cooled. I also did not transfer the hot bowl into another mixing bowl.. which is why it took a while for the frosting to cool and achieve the marshmallow texture. The lengthy part about the frosting is mixing it until you see shiny high stiff peaks on the whisk. It says to use a whisk attached to the bowl.. but I didnt have that. I just had a handheld electrical mixer.. boyee that hurtmy arm. lol! I was just standing there for a good 15 mins.. waiting for it to get thick. But yeah, overall, they were pretty okay. trial and error tho. LOL! The cupcakes I loved the most were the cookie dough cupcakes!!! :DDDD

Made the Graham Cracker mixture.. i think it was sugar butter and the crumbs? lol..
IMG_2211

IMG_2212

IMG_2216

Chopped some bitter sweet chocolate
IMG_2215

Added the crumb mixture to the pans and pressed down.
Then added the chocolate crumbs on top of the mixture and popped it in the oven for 350 for 5 mins.
IMG_2217

here's what it looks like after the oven.
IMG_2225

made the cupcake batter mixture
IMG_2221

IMG_2228

IMG_2230

Then the marshmallow frosting.
IMG_2226

IMG_2238

IMG_2235

IMG_2239

Used the creme brulee torch to burn up the marshmallow frosting. My dad helped me did a few. lol it was fun!
IMG_2321

IMG_2318

IMG_2315

IMG_2322

IMG_2332

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled