Frankie Rose Cosmetics : Foundation, Powder and Concealer

Monday, June 01, 2015





(L-R : Olive and Spice)




Frankie Rose Cosmetics:

Frankie Rose Free Foundation/Primer Samples!

Frankie Rose Matte Perfection Foundation - Olive: $32
Frankie Rose Matte Powder Foundation - Olive: $30
Frankie Rose Matte Our lil secret Concealer - Ginger and Yellow: $24
Frankie Rose Lipgloss - Sugar

I've been wanting to try out this makeup line by Frankie Rose,
I've heard my cousin talked about it a few times so I decided
to go on their website to check out their products.
I really wanted to try out their foundation,
but unfortunately they were out of stock with the color I wanted.
Luckily they offer free foundation samples so I went ahead
and signed up for some free samples. I got the three shades before the color
olive and I got the color olive.

The samples took awhile to get delivered, like about a month and a half.
fortunately, once i got my samples, the foundation colors were back in stock.
Olive was the closest shade to my skin color, it did look a little bit light
in the sample package, so I ordered the next darker shade from olive
which was called oatmeal blend.

I received the products within a week or so and found
that olive was a perfect match. Oatmeal blend was a tad bit dark,
but that color will come in handy during the summer months.
Also in my order I purchased two concealer colors, yellow and ginger.
and two powder colors, olive and spice.
Along with my order I got to choose a free lipgloss for purchasing
a foundation. The color I got was Sugar.


Frankie Rose Matte Perfection Foundation $32
Instant Coverage! Instant Confidence! Full Extended coverage that’s silky and lightweight! 

What is it: A perfect long-wearing, matte-finish foundation that will leave you with a smooth, flawless complexion. 
 What does it do? Our long-lasting formula goes on satiny smooth with a flawless matte finish for all skin types: dry, sensitive, combination, normal or oily. Instantly cover problem spots, breakouts and blemishes, even out skin tones, or build it up for full coverage. It’s hydrating, lightweight, and breathable.
 Find the perfect color match for your skin tone with one of our nine gorgeous shades: China Silk Angel Vintage Olive Oatmeal Blend Cappuccino Caramel Medium Deep Coco Beauty How to use: Use 1-2 pumps for light to medium coverage, or build it up to achieve your desired look. For the smoothest application, use our PRO Foundation Brush. Fill Weight: 105 grams


My thoughts:

I do love the foundation, it's very light weight and has a gorgeous finish especially
topped with the powder foundation. With these two combinations it does not control my 
oil. I did try this with an oil control gel by FAB (OIL FREE MATTIFYING GEL), 
but I still seemed to get
oily especially around my T-Zone within about 3 hours. by the 5th hour
I was extremely oily and had to blot.
I'm not surprised because I do have severely oily skin
and this normally happens with all foundations i've
tried even if they claim to control oil.

Pros:
- Lightweight
- Medium to build-able coverage
- Doesn't cake up when layering the product
- Hydrating but mattifying with initial application
- No foundation breakdown when face gets oily
- Fragrance - smells refreshing
-Blends effortlessly
-Great for every skin type, esp dry skin (doesn't cling to dry patches)

Cons:
- a bit expensive $32 (however it's high-end)
- Uses a lot of product to achieve full coverage
- Has a fragrance
- Does not control oil
- Oxidizes 

Flash Photography Test:

With just the foundation and concealer NO powder

With foundation/Concealer AND Powder

Full Face done with bronzer, blush, and eye makeup

Makeup products used:
Anastasia Dip brow pomade : Blonde and Medium Brown
Makeup Forever Matte Ink Liner Black
Nars Tahiti Bronzing Powder- Laguna
Kat Von D- Bellisima 
Anastasia Liquid Lipstick - Craft

Overall I loved the product, I would repurchase. The powder added
additional coverage and felt light weight and silky as well.
The concealers held up pretty well and didn't crease! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled