Cake Pop attempt...

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I've been wanting to make cake pops for sometime now..
and I finally got around to trying it out.
it was all smooth sailing at first, until I had to coat the cake pops!
That's when they started falling off the stick.
I didn't have a foam board or whatever, 
to stand my cake pops up right after coating them.
I used a foil tray and poked holes on the back..
It sorta worked.. but not really.
After a few cake pops were falling off the stick after coating,
I felt like giving up.. I told myself "cake pops aren't for me" lol!!
But I will try again!!
I think i may have made the balls too big..
And I didn't put the sticks in the cake too deep in for some.

I followed instructions from this website here Little Miss Momma.

Baked the cake, using a box YELLOW cake mix
Lettin' it cool.
IMG_9120

Then Crumble the cake!
IMG_9124

Add 1/2 can of frosting, I used Vanilla
and mend it all together.
The frosting act's as a glue for the cake balls.
IMG_9131

Roll them up into balls.
IMG_9135

Take your stick, dip it in some melted candy melts
IMG_9138

Then stick it in the cake balls.
IMG_9139

IMG_9141

And I think at this point, some ppl leave the calls in the freezer or fridge to chill.
But I didnt have room.. so I just kept going. LOL
IMG_9144

Used light cocoa candy melts, dunked them in and let them stand.
IMG_9147

and they turned out crappy. lol!
IMG_9148



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled