Boklahong!

Monday, December 13, 2010

In my previous post I talked about making this. My friend Cheska learned how to make it from her friend. We usually buy Boklahong at this park where vendors come together and make it freshly for us. Of course theirs is much more authentic and better than ours, but our way is almost just a good!! I know they make their own type of fish sauce, but I heard it takes a while.. so we just bought the fish sauce.

all you need is a..

  • Mortar and Pestle
  • Shrimp Paste
  • Fish Sauce
  • Vermicelli rice noodle
  • Fresh chili pepper (if you want it to be spicy) or dried
  • Tomato
  • Cabbage
  • Shredded papaya
  • LIME
  • Sugar
We might do it a lil different.. but its just how we did it and it came out pretty good! THANKS CHES!!
Too bad I couldn't enjoy it very well because my teeth were starting to hurt. I had an ortho appt that day, and they put this wire thing inside of my teeth to push this bottom tooth our and it like shifted the rest of my teeth and it hurted!! :( When my teeeth gets better, which is hopefully when I come back from the Philippines, I'm totally going to do it again!

We cleaned the Mortar and Pestle with soap and boiling water. I got a pretty cheap one, because i'm just a beginner at this. The heavier ones were more expensive.

900_8214





The majority of the ingredients
900_8208

IMG_0134

900_8221

To save time we just got shredded papaya already but, I got the whole papaya just in case I run out. lol
900_8215

900_8219

900_8226

Cheska wanted nuts in hers, so she started off by crushing her nuts
900_8228

Shrimp paste, eye balling it lil by lil.. and adding more until you get the taste right
900_8229

lol doesnt it look like chocolate and nuts?
900_8231

add some fish sauce & sugar
900_8236

add tomato
900_8232

900_8233

mix in the papaya
900_8235

Add lime
900_8250

Thenn add noodles and top it off with cabbage

Here's what mine look like
900_8265

here's what my friend cheska's look like
900_8264

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled