Autumn Inspired look

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I thought I'd share with you this autumn inspired look. Since Thanksgiving is like a day away, I thought i'd do something based on Thanksgiving season. I incorporated orange, browns and greens to develop this look. The orange and brown remind me of the falling leaves from the trees. The green remind me of the color of the the grass.

Here I did a picture tutorial of how I applied my eye makeup.

NYX eyeshadow base
IMG_4429


IMG_4431

Ben Nye's Tangerine
IMG_4436




Mac Brick Red


IMG_4439


IMG_4441


UD naked palette: darkhorse
IMG_4448


IMG_4447


UD naked palette: side car
IMG_4449


IMG_4451


UD naked palette: Virgin
IMG_4450


Mac Bottle Green (outer v)
IMG_4455




Line eyes with Mac blitz & glitz fluid line, then top it off with MAC glitter liner in Lime daddy
IMG_4457


IMG_4458




Line bottom water line with Covet liner by UD


IMG_4463


IMG_4467


Ben nye chartreuse on lower lash-line then in the inner corners iced gold from ben nye
IMG_4471


IMG_4462


Clnique double lash mascara
IMG_4474


the brushes i used
IMG_4477


IMG_4566

IMG_4527

IMG_4588





I also tried out Andrea's choice heatless curl method and it worked pretty well on my hair. I should have twisted my bangs so that my bangs weren't so straight. I did it a little bit different than she did. Since my hair is thicker than hers and a bit wavy, I made sure my hair was 80% dry. I tried it completely dry and it didn't turn out that well. The bit of dampness left in the hair will help the curls be more defined, because once the hair is a little bit wet and you twist it, the twist will dry creating that nice curl. Instead of splitting just the top half of the hair and the bottom half then twisting it, I had to split the top of my hair in three parts and twisted it, and the bottom half in two parts because my hair is thick. I left it on a little bit more than 6-7 hours because I did it hours before I slept. Here's the video of Andrea's Video:






IMG_4578


IMG_4537






IMG_4531

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled