Nocturnal.. "I'm like an owl" oo oo oo

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Damn its like 5:21am. Freak.. I can't go to sleep. I've been on my laptop reading beauty blogs and all that good old stuff! I ran across Adriyah's blogspot and she had a post about the ly-na pearl cream. It contains mercury (source) and is banned from Singapore. How freaky.. Side effects of mercury are listed in Adriya's blogspot. I remember wanting to try this product after reading NessasaryMakeup's blog so I went off and bought it. My mom told me she used it when she was in high school back in the philippines and said she only used it once in a while b/c it was too expensive for her and she didnt have any money to buy something like that (she had a hard life growing up.. and had a hard time with money in her fam). I figured since my mom used it and everyone is raving about how good it is I seriously need to try it. I've been urging to get rid of my acne and acne scars. Unfortunately, I used it for a week and saw no results. So I went back to this other asian product called POP , POPULAR FACIAL CREAM. which you can also purchase at an asian store.

I've been using this for two years but I stopped for about 8 months because I was too lazy to use it and my face was getting extremely light and I wanted my natural color back. It really made a difference in my face. My pimples were minimized and my acne scars disappeared within long use of it. I discovered this product from my aunt who worked at McDonalds who developed pimples from frying the food. She tried out POP and her face looked so clear. Ever since then, my mom and I have been using it. We both love it and I started using it again two months ago. My mom personally loves it more than Ly-Na b/c the smell isn't as potent. Basically it says it lightens your face and it does, which removes the acne scars. It also removes pimples which is not stated on the box.. (I think) I gotta re-look it. but yea, overall this product works well for me and a lot of my aunts use it as well as my boyfriend's mom. I didn't do any research on it.. So I really don't know the side effects to it.. yikes.. hopefully it doesn't contain anything bad.. such as MERCURY..

This price is like $4.00 for a large container. I think.. IDK.. my mom always stocks up on it and gives it to me. (Sorry I'm not a big help)
However, it does have the same consistency of the Ly-Na pearl cream and the scent is not as potent as Ly-na. Which is a big plus.. That ly-na smell was a bit strong and smelled straight up like an old lady. On the other hand, POP smells slightly like an old lady but not as bad. I'm pretty use to is and the smell doesnt bother me anymore. I use at night before I go to sleep. I'll continue writing about this tomorrow. I have pictures of what POP looks like.. compared with Ly-na.

Speaking of Ly-na.. i feel like throwing it away knowing all the harmful things it can do. Damn.. we should just stick with prescriptions or American made products. lol i'm jk. But it is kind of scary using a foreign product if you have no knowledge of the history behind it..


Here are websites of it..
POP..
POP2..

Anyways ima try to go to sleep.. Goodnight beauty bloggers! I'll update tomorrow.. or in other words.. later on TODAY.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled