New years Eve & Recap of the past weeks. *WARNING!!* (PICTURE HEAVY!)

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Today is new years eve. I'm not really pumped up about it this year.. I just want to stay in bed and just chill. The fact that I'm really bummed about is that my boyfriend might not spend it with me this year. His whole work schedule changed and his time schedule is so whacked up. He works from 12 to 9pm today.. which makes him a tired ass man at the end of the day. He basically wants to just stay home and rest for work the next day and he starts at 10am. geez.. just when they give him a messed up schedule when I come home for winter break.. Seems like I barely got to see him this whole break. ah well.. I'll have to wait for the summer again since I'm almost going back to school. Geez.. I'm so irritated with school and I don't want to go back. Well onto my recap of the past weeks.

Christmas was pretty cool.. It was chill, it wasn't as big as I thought it would be. But it's okay I liked it.. It was just laid back. Again, I didn't get to spend time with my boyfriend on Christmas eve, he went to his sister's place in Fresno to go hang out with the family. However, I did get to see him on Christmas when he came back in the Afternoon. It just sucks.. I thought I would be spending a lot more time with him since I barely had time for him when I was in school. I only got to see him on the weekends when I would come home from college. but yea.. anyways.. Christmas was fine.. the following weekend was a BLAST!!

My mom planned out this weekend great! She reserved us 3 rooms for whoever was to come with us on the trip. Of course, there was a lot of us.. we were 4 cars deep with 5 families who came. It was pretty cool since my boyfriend came. He had to get a day off that day and it was pretty hard for him to get it. It was either choose Saturday the 27th for the snow, or Saturday the 3rd, for our 4 year anniversary. So he figured that it would be cool to have the 27th off since we never went to the snow together or snowboarded together. I was a little upset at first because I was really looking forward to our anniversary. But it was well worth the pick and I'm glad he chose the snow!

Anyways, we headed off to Reno Saturday morning around 11:00 and it was like 2 hrs into the drive and the majority of us needed to pee. So were were looking for rest stops and mostly ALL the rest stops we passed by were CLOSED! INCLUDING THE GAS STATION. Clearly the gas stations were closed because there were hella folks riding down the snow with their sleds. So damn.. then I saw a FOOD sign next exit. So we followed the road and stopped at this bed and breakfast lodge. We came across a sign that said NO PUBLIC BATHROOMS AVAILABLE. So everyone was like fuck.. what now.. then the owner was kicking people out who weren't staying there so we all had to leave. Then we just stopped on the side of the road and took a piss. How freakin uncivilized, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Then we just chilled there for a moment.. ate food.. and continued on with our trip.

We finally arrived at our hotel about 4 in the afternoon. Since there ain't shit to do at Reno unless your 21, you gotta go upstairs and play in the arcade. So.. that's what most of us kids did. Although, I felt sorry for my boyfriend because he was of legal age, 21, and he finally had a chance to play in the slots at Reno when he's 21. But he was nice enough to just hang out with me. Since there was nothing else to do at the hotel, we brought along some of the cousins and see if we could walk to the shopping areas which was hella far from where our hotel was. Our hotel was no where near the city.. so it was very unfortunate for us. So we ended up going to raley's, and my boyfriend bought a bottle of E & J for all of us cousins and we all played a card game at the hotel, which was fun until the bottle got killed hella quickly. There was about 8 of us playing.. Then we all hit the sheets for the big day the next day.

Sunday, we went to Boreal which was about and hour or two away to go snowboarding. I only went snowboarding once before this and it was like about 7 years ago. And I really didn't learn anything. All I did was slide down the hill and fell on my ass to brake, since I didn't know how to break. Then, 7 years later I tried again.. and I kept constantly falling on my ass the first run. My boyfriend was trying to teach me how to stop and slow down but I couldn't get it down. Then the second run came down, and I still didn't get it. Falling on the snow with ur ass fuckin hurts! Then the third run, my boyfriend wanted to try the other slopes with hills so I went with the girls on the one with a few hills and that's when I started picking up how to just cruise down the hill. It take a lot of practice and balance and I was just forcing myself and watching other people do it. And I finally got the hang of it. Once I got the hang of it I just loved Snowboarding from then on! I showed my boyfriend my improvement and we were just riding the slopes together. It was pretty cool riding it with him.. someone should've taken a picture of us. It was just cute! and I only fell twice.. and that was when i was in the bottom of the hill. So I made a big improvement and my boyfriend was very proud. I really want to go again!! I don't want to lose my skills.. ugh.. The following day my whole entire body was SORE!! I had minor bruises on my thighs and my arms. Hey, no pain no game. I would definitely suffer those minor injuries any day!

I really enjoyed going to the snow with everyone including my boyfriend. '08 was a pretty hectic year yet the most wonderful time of my life. I had a cotillion for my 18th birthday, I graduated high school and started college in the fall, I went to Disneyland and San Diego with my boyfriend and it was his first time at Disneyland and our first time together, and our first time to the snow together and snowboarding. I just want to give a big thanks to my mom for making ALL THIS POSSIBLE For us. She truly set up everything up and paid for mostly everything. So she's is the reason we got to do all of this as well as my dad. I love them both so much!

'08 was pretty hectic in the sense that I moved away from home to attend college and my boyfriend was still back home. It was kinda hard adjusting but I went home every single weekend just to see him. That is very unlikely for a college student to be doing that.. but that's how much I missed him. We got into a few arguments here and there but it definitely made us stronger and it made us learn more about each other. Our 4 year anniversary is coming up.. I'm pretty excited.

That was a recap of the past weeks and here are pictures to back everything up.

CHRISTMAS '08

I forgot to mention we took our annual Christmas pictures with the ladies.

_MG_0007
_MG_0006

I got my dress from express and my heels are BCBG
_MG_0005
_MG_0004

My sister in law :)
Untitled-4

My cousin Krystal
Untitled-3


Christmas was at my niece's house this year.

This was my look. I actually curled my hair and it turned out nice.
Photobucket

I forgot what I used. sorry.. I also threw on some fake lashes by ardell.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My mom and I
DSCN1590

the ladies..
I got my white long sleeve from target,
My black belt from target
Red cardigan forever 21 as well as my necklace
black Steve Madden boots (bonanza)
7 Jeans



Photobucket
Photobucket


The day before the trip. We got new beanies. heheh.
DSCN1627

Our first snowy picture together
DSCN1657

first sight of snow!
DSCN1656

DSCN1661

The couples
DSCN1660

I love these skanks
DSCN1666

My brother and cousin. our rest stop
DSCN1668

heheh. we ghetto. that's how we roll. ain't no rest stops. we bring food along for the road trip and park our cars to the side and eat! lol

DSCN1669

DSC_4400

my niece
DSC_4380

hehe Jayden he's such a cutie!
DSC_4413

Michelle and I
DSC_4427

They is up to something.. DAMN SNOWBALL FIGHTS... ugh
DSC_4383

Baby & I
DSC_4428


The view from the road
DSC_4366
DSC_4360

The hotel
DSCN1672

DSC_4491

DSC_4520

Room service
DSC_4516

He is faded..
DSC_4535

The view from our room
DSC_4567

baby & I
DSC_4562

Time to snowboard!
I seriously need a new snowboard.. that dragon shit is so middle school.. ugh.
DSCN1675

That's about it! Happy New Years Eve everyone! Have a safe one! take care!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Untitled